Class of Business 1 - Short-Term Insurance: Personal Lines
- Trainer: Moonstone Business School of Excellence
- Hours of instruction: 8-12
- Course cost: R665 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed
Like all Class of Business training, this module provides an overarching understanding of the financial services industry and related regulation. It also specifically teaches the core knowledge and understanding of the terminology and features of products for individual (non-commercial) clients in the Short-term Insurance (Personal Lines) Class of Business. These include personal liability insurance, motor insurance, accident and health insurance, property insurance, transportation insurance, miscellaneous insurance, and short-term reinsurance, or any combination of these.
What content is covered?
The material covers typical fee structures, charges and other costs, as well as any risks associated with purchasing or transacting in these products. Once you have completed this module, you will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of the financial services industry.
- identify inter-relationships within and between classes of short-term insurance products.
- demonstrate understanding of the legislation and regulation, industry standards and codes of conduct applicable to the short-term insurance industry.
- identify the general needs of clients or groups of clients with respect to short-term insurance products.
- describe the general characteristics, terms and features of short-term insurance products.
- describe the typical fee structures, charges and other costs associated with short-term insurance products.
- describe the general risk principles, options and strategies associated with short-term insurance products.
- describe the impact of applicable economic and environmental factors on the short-term insurance industry.
- assess the appropriateness of short-term insurance products for specific client needs.
The module is designed to ensure that anyone assessing the appropriateness of these products clearly understands this class of business and is able to successfully meet clients' needs.
What is involved?
You can register at any time. Once your registration is complete, you will be given access to Moonstone's learning management system, where you will be able to access the study guide material or download it as a series of PDFs. The content consists of comprehensive notes, including helpful charts and illustrations, all prepared by industry experts. The detailed examples ensure that you build practical knowledge and skills. The system will offer you regular quizzes to assist you in testing your knowledge, so that by the end of the module you will feel confident to pass the final assessment, which you will also do online on Moonstone's system. At that point, you will receive a digital certificate of completion to prove that you have achieved the class of business fit and proper requirement.
If you work for 45 minutes to an hour each day, you can expect one module to take you two or three weeks. Of course, this will vary based on experience and familiarity with the material. You will have access to the learning management system for six months from the date of registration.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 8-12 per course per individual
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more, or "Book now" to arrange a group booking for any class of business, including favourable group rates. We'll get right back to you.
- Course fee: R665 (incl. VAT) per course per individual. Discounts available for large groups. Best price guaranteed
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.