Class of Business 7 - Investments
- Trainer: Moonstone Business School of Excellence
- Hours of instruction: 8-12
- Course cost: R665 (incl. VAT). Best price guaranteed
Like all Class of Business training, this module provides you with an overview of the main role players in the financial services sector, as well as an understanding of the regulatory landscape that governs the financial services sector. It also covers the impact of applicable economic and environmental factors including business cycle, inflation, monetary and fiscal policy.
The module also specifically builds your knowledge of the legislation relevant to the investments class of business (which includes the Retail Pension Benefits sub-class), including typical fee structures, charges, and other risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting with products in this class. Furthermore, you will learn about the legislation affecting investments, and their tax implications. This knowledge is essential when assessing the appropriateness of products within this class of business.
What content is covered?
Once you have completed this course, you will be able to:
- identify the main market participants in the financial services industry, including their legal structure.
- demonstrate an understanding of financial services legislation, industry codes and codes of conduct applicable to the financial services industry.
- describe the range of asset classes typically used in the construction of investment portfolios.
- identify the general financial needs of clients.
- understand the terminology and describe features of products in the investments class of business.
- describe the typical fee structures, charges and other costs associated with structured deposit products.
- describe the general risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting with products in the investments class of business.
- explain how products in the investments class of business are impacted by the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act (CISCA), Income Tax Act and Pension Funds Act.
- describe how specific sub-categories of investment are impacted by relevant economic and environmental factors such as economic business cycles, inflation, monetary and fiscal policies, interest rates and exchange rates.
- describe the principles, options and strategies applicable to specific products in the investment class of business to suit the needs of different investors.
- explain the tax issues relevant to products in the investments class of business.
What is involved?
You can register at any time. Once your registration is complete, you will be given access to Moonstone's learning management system, where you will be able to access the study guide material or download it as a series of PDFs. The content consists of comprehensive notes, including helpful charts and illustrations, all prepared by industry experts. The detailed examples ensure that you build practical knowledge and skills. The system will offer you regular quizzes to assist you in testing your knowledge, so that by the end of the module you will feel confident to pass the final assessment, which you will also do online on Moonstone's system. At that point, you will receive a digital certificate of completion to prove that you have achieved the class of business fit and proper requirement.
If you work for 45 minutes to an hour each day, you can expect one module to take you two or three weeks. Of course, this will vary based on experience and familiarity with the material. You will have access to the learning management system for six months from the date of registration.
Admin users are not allowed to book courses or express interest in courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to book a course.
Sending expression of interest...
- Hours of instruction: 8-12 per course per individual
- Note: Click "Contact me" to find out more, or "Book now" to arrange a group booking for any class of business, including favourable group rates. We'll get right back to you.
- Course fee: R665 (incl. VAT) per course per individual. Discounts available for large groups. Best price guaranteed
Admin users are not allowed to recommend courses. Please register as a Trainee to be able to recommend a course.